[Scons-dev] adding more configure tests to SCons

Carnë Draug carandraug+dev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 08:41:33 EST 2015

Hi

I have a set of configure tests which today I have copied and paste into
my 4th project.  They are really simple and very general use-case [1], so
I am thinking of contributing them to SCons.  They check for LaTeX document
class, package, availability of a program, and perl modules.  At least the
last two have counterparts on autoconf.

Can I contribute them to SCons?  I am aware of the SCons autoconf recipes
wiki page [2] but that's far from ideal.  I wonder if the existence of such
page means that such recipes are not desired on SCons.

If not, is there any sort of SCons extras?  autoconf has at least the
autoconf-archive [3].

Carnë

[1] https://bpaste.net/show/ad709b4509b5
[2] http://www.scons.org/wiki/AutoconfRecipes