[Scons-dev] In the "breaking news" section…

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Jan 21 11:38:57 EST 2015

I'm doing a bit of Ceylon programming. The Ceylon team think you need to
use Eclipse. Well used to, now they are thinking IntelliJ IDEA as well
so there will be a plugin for that soon. Me, I like command line builds.
Especially for CI.

You will be pleased to hear that Ceylon doesn't have any of this .class
files rubbish that plagues SCons trying to compile Java, everything in
Ceylon is compiled directly into zipfiles. This makes it a real doddle
to create a SCons build for. Downside is that any change means a
complete recompilation, but the ceylon command can deal with all
that :-)

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk