[Scons-dev] Fortran tooling

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Jan 7 04:17:40 EST 2015

It appears that Fedora Rawhide provides gfortran and f95, and that
Debian Sid provides gfortran, f77, and f95. Does any system provide
the full set f77, f90, f95, f03, f08? It's looking a lot like g77
should be retired, according to Fedora Rawhide, it is a gcc3.4
compatibility thing.

I am tinkering with the gfortran tool, it now works for me, but I need
to write some credible tests before making a pull request.

I am now uncertain whether to bother with an f08 tool even though I
have replicated the f03 tool and made the obvious amendments, since I
have now way of testing it.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk