[Scons-dev] SCons and Python 3.0

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Wed Feb 25 14:29:52 EST 2015

Greetings!

I believe the goal should be that a single codebase would work on python
2.7 and 3.x

Given that premise I think having a separate branch for 3.0 work would just
end up in much additional work.

I'd like to add some python 3.0 buildslaves and then add small changes to
trunk which would work towards the goal of the code working on py 2.7 and
3.x.

Otherwise we'll have to maintain a longstanding branch for 3.0 work.
Since it's unlikely that such changes will be huge architectural changes,
but mainly should be minor code changes this should be a relatively safe
path..

Thoughts?