[Scons-dev] D tool test fail

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Sun Feb 22 19:39:24 EST 2015

Russel,

I have a 32 bit ubuntu VM I've been using to work on these tests.
On my 32 bit VM dmd does have 64 bit support built in, so adding -m64
doesn't fail and the test fails.
I did have to add the following:
environment = Environment(
    CFLAGS=['-m64'],
    DLINKFLAGS=['-m64'],
    DFLAGS=['-m64', '-O'])

Or I get link failures due to mixing 32 and 64 bit objects together and/or
linking issues.

Seems like the best way to implement this would be something like
TARGET_ARCH and let the tools figure out the right flags. That may come
with revamped tools..

I have a strong preference to remove the -m64 altogether from these tests
as likely any issue you had was due to some issue with the D compiler on
the platform in question.
I'm going to check such change and merge.

If we run into issues in the future where we can reconstruct the
requirement for -m64 then we should add another text.

-Bill