[Scons-dev] New SCons website

Evan Driscoll driscoll at cs.wisc.edu
Thu Dec 31 21:59:03 EST 2015

On 12/28/2015 03:54 AM, Dirk Bächle wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> just a few more suggestions for the menu structure, after having
> played around with the new site`s layout a bit more:
I have a couple comments as a user of scons (and scons-dev lurker...).

I go to the scons web site on occasion, and it's almost always to go to
the documentation. (Usually the manpage.)

With the current site, both the users guide and man page are one click
away from the front page; with the revised site, they are now *three*
clicks away, and on a completely separate page!

If you're looking for suggestions, I might propose adding "man page" and
"users guide" links right from the documentation menu, and then changing
the existing "documentation" entry to "more..." or something like that.
("Documentation -> Documentation" is already a bit weird...)

Now, all that said, I have a confession... I don't actually usually go
via scons.org but just by searching 'scons man' or similar... so I don't
know how much you should weight this suggestion. :-)

Evan