[Scons-dev] Code of conduct?

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 09:58:54 EST 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 7:59 PM, Gary Oberbrunner <garyo at oberbrunner.com> wrote:
> I don't see it that way. I see it as a proactive, positive step.
>
> Look, right now there's a lot of, well, not-so-nice people in the world.
> Many of them hang out online. This isn't PC, it's a fact of modern life.
> This isn't going to get better; I think it's getting worse if anything.
> Saying "hey, we're a friendly and welcoming community" isn't pandering, it's
> accepting that not everyone is nice, but saying we aim to be.
>
> At least that's my 2 cents.

No we are not. I am not 100% friendly, and not at all times. My message
would be "You don't need CoC to be friendly community, and you're welcome
to join us to try it out". That's one part. Another one is that
"Having CoC doesn't
make everyone nice and friendly, so we don't have a CoC. But we try to be
friendly, so you're welcome to join and help us."

There is also another message that is "We are all different, so being nice and
friendly may become very boring for some, so bear with those of us who may
be not so good sometimes".
--
anatoly t.