[Scons-dev] Issue 2494

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Mon Dec 28 07:56:08 EST 2015

Hi Adarsh,

and thanks for wanting to help out!

On 28.12.2015 13:42, Adarsh Sanjeev wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> I am interested in taking Issue#2494 and am a beginner in contributing
> to open source. I do not have any experience in doing so. Please
> advise me on how to proceed.

Your first step should be to check out our landing page

   https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/DeveloperGuide/Introduction

, which is especially written for new developers like you. It contains a
lot of pointers to more material and our basic workflows. Please try to
give it a thorough read (this might take a while ;) ), then just try to
start...and come back with more specific questions (preferably to the
scons-users mailing list first).
Since you mentioned that you're completely new to open-source
development, make sure that you watch Julie Pichon's talk, you can find
the link on the webpage mentioned above.

Best regards, and welcome to the project,