[Scons-dev] Huge merges in Mercurial

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Dec 24 05:23:12 EST 2015

On Sat, 2015-12-19 at 15:11 +0000, William Blevins wrote:
> With GIT you can merge at a commit level (IE. you don't have to merge
> whole branch at once). Can you do this with Mercurial? That way you
> can do
> it in steps rather than all at once.

I think I should have known that about Git, thanks for the reminder. :-
)

I am not sure about Mercurial, but you can do something similar with
Bazaar.

The problem here is that the last merge was 16 months ago and there are
so many changesets, it has to be all or nothing now. The real problem
is that we want some of the changes currently in the branch that are
not in amending changesets, hence having to be more careful rather than
being cavalier.

I may do a variant of what Dirk has proposed, back to his email…
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk