[Scons-dev] Code of conduct?

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Tue Dec 8 14:57:59 EST 2015

Anatoly,

In the entire history of SCons we've only had a small handful of instances
where any of the proposed CoC's might have been violated.
So infrequent I can't remember the last one.

That said, if you can prove harm or point to any project where it harmed
their community to have a CoC, then I (and I expect the rest of the SCons
developer list) would be interested in such.

Nothing you've said thus far has been convincing to me (nor it seems any
other community member).
Otherwise it is speculation.

I can say for certain that some organizations expect such when providing
grant money to open source communities.
For me that's sufficient reason.

I will also say that if the SCons project finds that having a CoC is
damaging to it's community, then we'll revise or revoke it as appropriate.
(where damaging doesn't equal one person is being unreasonable or abusive
and doesn't like having the fact that their behavior violates the CoC, but
does equal contributions to the project including features and/or bugfixes
and/or docs slow to a standstill, and/or usage of SCons diminishes in a
meaningful way measurable to the adoption of a CoC).

-Bill