[Scons-dev] Argumentation for Python 2.6 support removal

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed Dec 2 13:59:44 EST 2015

Hi Tom,

On 02.12.2015 18:59, Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) wrote:
> It's not dead and buried where I work yet. I'm working on it.

and you'll be able to continue working on it, with the current SCons version that you can stick to.

The deprecation cycle for Python 2.6 compatibility has been how long now...a year or so? I'd have to look it up, but we definitely
did everything we could by backporting stuff for 2.6 for a very long time...even though it was already officially deprecated.
It's time to make a clear cut now, in order to finally get ready for Python 3.x...and that's what we'll do.