[Scons-dev] JetBrains

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Sep 17 07:17:29 EDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-09-16 at 20:46 +0200, Dirk Bächle wrote:
> On 16.09.2014 09:39, Arve Knudsen wrote:
> >
> > CLion is supposed to support more build tools in the future, I've been
> > told. Maybe put some pressure on them to support SCons (via their
> > forums f.ex.)?
> >
> Building up pressure is the wrong approach, we could simply offer them
> our help...if they should be interested to add some basic SCons support
> to their tools.

I have asked a question http://devnet.jetbrains.com/thread/457064

Let's see what the response is: it may be that the whole of CLion is
being engineered around CMake, and so would disallow Make and Autotools
as well. Or it may be that they are just using CMake for now and will
allow plugable alternatives.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk