[Scons-dev] Buildbot, Java and D...

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Sep 14 13:25:22 EDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-09-14 at 13:41 +0200, Dirk Bächle wrote:
[…]
> I installed "ldc" from the Package thingy (GUI), which means having used
> yum in the background, I guess. The exact version currently used is
>
>    ldc-2-57.20140305git6e908ff.fc20 (32-bit)

I guessed as much and so did the same for one of my machines – though I
am using the 64-bit packages. With the latest pull request, I believe I
have solved all the issues – including ones that were not being picked
up by the CI :-)

[…]
> I think the question is more like: How should the actual "ldc" Tool
> behave? What should happen when a user has a version of "ldc" installed
> in his system, but tries to build a project with dynamic libs involved?

It gets more complicated than that :-( On the other hand it gets a lot
simpler: it has been stated that ldc doesn't work with shared libraries
as yet. I have therefore skipped the tests, which is currently the
correct behaviour. For now ldc only handles static libraries and those
tests all pass: at least on OSX, Fedora 20 and Debian Sid. It will be
good to see the effect on the CI.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk