[Scons-dev] Buildbot, Java and D...

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Sep 14 07:41:07 EDT 2014

On 14.09.2014 12:07, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-09-13 at 00:06 +0200, Dirk Bächle wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I just checked the latest Buildbot runs for my slaves and see
>>
>>     test/D/SharedObjects/sconstest-ldc.py
>>
>> failing under Fedora20. More importantly, the other slaves can't get
> Hummm… how was LDC installed on this machine? Actually I am guessing
> using yum which means it is the 2.057 system, which is very old and
> doesn't support dynamic libraries. I am using a locally compiled system
> which is 2.065 which is the first to have reasonable dynamic library
> support.
I installed "ldc" from the Package thingy (GUI), which means having used
yum in the background, I guess. The exact version currently used is

   ldc-2-57.20140305git6e908ff.fc20 (32-bit)

> Thus the test should be "switched off" for CI usage. The question is
> what is the right way of ignoring the test unless the version of LDC is
> the right one: I guess run a trial LDC compile and discover the version
> number?

I think the question is more like: How should the actual "ldc" Tool
behave? What should happen when a user has a version of "ldc" installed
in his system, but tries to build a project with dynamic libs involved?