[Scons-dev] Buildbot, Java and D...

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Sep 13 07:22:31 EDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-09-13 at 00:06 +0200, Dirk Bächle wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just checked the latest Buildbot runs for my slaves and see
>
>    test/D/SharedObjects/sconstest-ldc.py
>
> failing under Fedora20. More importantly, the other slaves can't get
[…]

My first reaction is: I do not believe this. My second reaction is: of
course I believe it why would it lie to us.

Looking at the waterfall view on the buildbot D has a role in  the
redness of:

Fedora 20 single LDC issue, will reboot to Fedora 20 and investigate.

Debian 7 fails appear to be due to gdmd fails, Gary had flagged this, I
will fix asap. The issue here is that these Debian versions are so old
(!) that they are using a version of the GDC packaging that included
gdmd which is no longer the case in up-to-date versions of GDC.

Debian 6 D tests fails are down to using Python 2.6. The D tests are
written assuming Python 2.7 which is the floor version of Python for
SCons. For other bits of the D tools which had assumed 2.7 someone has
added the truly ugly hack to make it work on 2.6. Yuk :-)

I am guessing the other systems do not have D and now the D tests
correctly do not run.

So the main question is does SCons support Python 2.6 or not?

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk