[Scons-dev] This morning's WTF moment

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Tue Sep 9 05:56:04 EDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 4:03 AM, Jean-Baptiste Lab <
jeanbaptiste.lab at gmail.com> wrote:

> Or wouldn't it be enough to simply mandate that exists() return something
> that can be tested against True/False?
> If that's the case, wouldn't a bit of wrapping around and implementing the
> __eq__/__neq__ descriptors (possibly __cmp__) be good enough so that we can
> get to the error description when needed (if False) without breaking
> existing usages?

I did think about that.  It's hard for me to imagine something that can
test as false while still having a string value.  Not impossible, but
pretty weird and a bit un-pythonic. I prefer simplicity over cleverness.
 Still, if you have an idea, let me know.