[Scons-dev] Time for a show down…

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sat Sep 6 06:27:48 EDT 2014

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 6:16 AM, Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk> wrote:

> TestSCons.TestSCons.where_is searches the user's path for an executable.
> When running tests SCons does not use the users path, just the default
> system path, to search for executables. where_is is therefore either
> broken or useless.

I hear you.  Let's say it is broken.  What's the fix?  Don't use $PATH by
default?

Some tests want to deliberately look in $PATH and set up the test
accordingly;
maybe the simple fix is just to not use os.environ['PATH'] when the
passed-in
optional path arg is None.  Any test that really wants that would have to
explicitly pass os.environ['PATH'].  I wonder how many tests that would
break.