[Scons-dev] Question about binfo

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 14:55:17 EST 2014

I'm investigating the md5sum issue brought up by Priotr, and I have some
questions about Node.changed behavior and binfo.

It seems that Node.changed always gets called twice: once by
taskmaster.prepare and once by the builder.  Not sure why this happens
twice, but binfo.[source,depends,implicit] elements are str types on the
first round and Node types the second round.  I'm confused as to why binfo
contents change despite no change to any dependencies.  The contents could
be equivalent, but if you run SCons commands in different directories, then
the path varies, so binfo as str types throws a wrench into dependency
comparison.  Without a guaranteed comparison method for previous/current
dependencies (IE. disambiguate and a normalized path), then I don't this
this can be fixed.

Any thoughts?

V/R,
William