[Scons-dev] Emulate SVR4/Linux like SONAME for AIX

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Fri May 16 13:27:53 EDT 2014

Hi Michael,

On 16.05.2014 18:42, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> Hi,

> based on the pull requests #138 #139 #140, fixing various issues,

> now I've been able to get the "aix-soname" thingy into SCons.

> However, as a SCons newbie, I'm unsure whether the way I've implemented

> this into SCons is based on correct assumptions on how SCons should work.

> Actually, I've been able to reduce the number of failing tests

> from 90 to 65 on the AIX box I'm working on.

> https://bitbucket.org/haubi/scons/commits/76108c06ac81150a4d79a52583d3cf7a5e6fa1cd

> Thoughts?

I had a quick glance at your pull requests and the commit mentioned
above. To me it looks like you're doing solid work, please keep it up.
Someone else (Gary?) should comment on your introduction of "CCVENDOR",
I'm a bit unsure whether this is the way to go while having the new
toolchain design in mind.
Please try to use bookmarks instead of named branches for organizing
your local work and commits. See also:

http://www.scons.org/wiki/SconsMercurialWorkflows

Other than that, "good job" and thanks for all the effort you have put
into this!