[Scons-dev] SCons and intltool

Pawel Tomulik ptomulik at meil.pw.edu.pl
Sun May 11 02:05:29 EDT 2014

W dniu 10.05.2014 16:50, Russel Winder pisze:

> On Fri, 2014-05-09 at 19:32 +0200, Pawel Tomulik wrote:

> […]

>>> I wrote this gettext stuff some day, would be glad to help enhancing it

>>> if there is a need. Looking for particular suggestions.

> In SConstruct I have:

> SConscript('po/SConscript', variant_dir=buildDirectory + '/po',

> duplicate=0)

> In po/SConscript, I have:

> env = Environment(tools = ["default", "gettext"])

> env.MOFiles(LINGUAS_FILE=1)

> but this causes the mo files to be created in the po directory with the

> po files rather than in the build directory of the variant build.

That strange, never happened to me.
I've just created this simple project: http://tomulik.pl/gettext-test.tar.gz
and it creates .mo file in build directory as expected:

ptomulik at barakus:$ scons -Q
msgfmt -c -o build/po/pl.mo po/pl.po

Could you check this?

Aha - I've seen that poedit creates .mo files by its own. Maybe you've
seen something that was left over by the poedit (or other po file editor)?

Regards!

--
Paweł Tomulik