[Scons-dev] prefix, bindir, datadir, libdir, etc.

Pawel Tomulik ptomulik at meil.pw.edu.pl
Fri May 9 13:35:13 EDT 2014

Russel,

W dniu 09.05.2014 18:51, Russel Winder pisze:

> I have been tinkering for a while with code to process command line

> options, environment variables, special file contents and default values

> so as to have an effect as per the Autoconf/Automake and Waf

> configuration of prefix, bindir, datadir, libdir, etc. for installation

> in a classic sense. Am I just replicating stuff I should already know

> about? If not what is the right way og integrating this? I am not sure

> it can be a tool since it is SConstruct configuration, so possibly a

> special module for import?

Some time ago I've started working on a library which includes this
functionality: https://github.com/ptomulik/scons-gnu-build

It's still far from being finished, many things may be subject to change
(especially the README.md), but you may grab some concepts or code, if
you find it matching your needs. I've also shared current docs for your
convenience:

http://tomulik.pl/doc/api/index.html
http://tomulik.pl/doc/user/manual.html

Best regards!