[Scons-dev] SCons and intltool

Pawel Tomulik ptomulik at meil.pw.edu.pl
Fri May 9 13:12:56 EDT 2014

William,

W dniu 09.05.2014 18:38, Russel Winder pisze:

> On Thu, 2014-05-08 at 22:36 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Lab wrote:

>> Hi Russel,

>> are you referring to gettext support?

> Only sort of, creating the mo files is a part of the issue, so yes to

> gettext, but there is also generating launchers and schemas which is the

> role of intltool-merge.

>> If so, I believe Chapter 17 of the SCons user guide is a good place to

>> start:

>> http://www.scons.org/doc/2.3.0/HTML/scons-user/c3517.html

> Hummm… I think if that page represents the current state of the gettext

> tool, then it is in need of some work. So much repetition, so much

> low-level stuff required in the SConstruct/Sconscript files…

I wrote this gettext stuff some day, would be glad to help enhancing it
if there is a need. Looking for particular suggestions.

The gettext code required in SConstruct/SConscrit usually limits to
two lines (Translate() and MOFiles()). The builders are described here:

http://www.scons.org/doc/2.3.0/HTML/scons-user/a8588.html#b-Translate
http://www.scons.org/doc/2.3.0/HTML/scons-user/a8588.html#b-MOFiles

providing few more examples.

Regards!