[Scons-dev] Bugtracker and stuff...

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun May 4 07:38:56 EDT 2014

Hi there,

I'm currently wading through our issue list at tigris.org, trying to
clean things up a little (closing resolved bugs and such...). Sorry, if
this creates some noise on the corresponding mailing list...

I found issue #2739, which is in state "STARTED" but assigned to
"issues at scons"...so nobody effectively. I think that only "NEW" or
"REOPENED" issues should be assigned to "issues at scons", leaving the
question how to resolve this? Can someone take it?

Further stirring up old topics ;), I pondered over the bugtracker
migration task again. For the issue interface to OpenHatch, I now have a
bug importer ready. It's capable of scraping our whole issue database
(2947+ issues) from tigris.org to a single JSON file in about 7 minutes.

>From there it wouldn't be much effort to push all the data via xmlrpc

into a roundup ( http://www.roundup-tracker.org ) instance, for example.
I'm not sure what our options are for adding new "services" to our web
hosting. But roundup allegedly runs standalone, as well as via
"mod_python", using WSGI or through CGI. Maybe we could host this ourselves?
Even if it's just to get away from Tigris *now*...as a first step. We
might have to migrate further, later on. But then we're in a much better
position (Python-based tracker, support for xmlrpc) to pull all our data
out again, and convert it into a possibly new format.

Just as an idea...