[Scons-dev] Trivial PR for merging

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 15:57:33 EDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 9:02 PM, William Deegan
<bill at baddogconsulting.com> wrote:

> The changes I see are really stylistic and not necessary any improvement on the code.

> Unless ‘-p PACKAGENAME” doesn’t actually work, I’d tend to reject the pull request.

Don't you think stylistic changes contribute to the readability of the
code? That alone should be enough already. It is also important to
allow people contribute meaningless fixes, so that they feel a positive
feedback to submit more useful chunks of code.

The reason I touched this code in the first place is that I may add
few new options soon. One of this should allow to select a different
runner for our unit tests.

This PR actually adds a usage hint when you run runtest.py without any
arguments. To make it more useful I updated PR and reformatted other
options for consistency. It makes help more readable by aligning short
options and long options in separate columns. I stole it from Mercurial
--help output. =)