[Scons-dev] pull requests

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Mon Mar 10 13:18:20 EDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk> wrote:

> Mercurial and Bitbucket ignorance on show:

> My SCons_D_Tooling repository is a clone of the mainline with my changed

> all on default. I have been keeping it up to date by merging from

> mainline/default/tip. Of course the churn has been quite massive

> lately :-) If I create a pull request does that require the repository

> to remain fixed pending review and either acceptance or rejection or can

> I continue to keep the repository from which the pull request has been

> made up to date whilst the review is happening?

I believe you can keep making changes on top of your pull request.
The PR gets a message saying the branch has been updated and would you
like to update the pull request? but as long as nobody says yes to
that prompt (as I did once before I learned what it meant) everything
seems to work.

If the merge into the master repo requires additional changes (which
it sometimes does), then when you merge that back into your code you
may have to deal with those of course.