[Scons-dev] interesting analysis of another tool that created its own package system

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Jun 18 06:48:37 EDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-06-17 at 08:29 -0400, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:
> http://blog.jorgenschaefer.de/2014/06/the-sorry-state-of-emacs-lisp-package.html
>
> Some cautionary notes for us, when we (someday) have some kind of package
> system for tools.

The real problem there is that MELPA is the right approach for
continuous delivery but there is little or no real curation which leads
to some irritating problems. I hadn't realized Marmalade was on a
reimplemented relaunch; it is the complement of MELPA for a formal
release workflow. Put the two together properly organized and it would
be brilliant.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk