[Scons-dev] New symlink copy support

Kenny, Jason L jason.l.kenny at intel.com
Mon Jul 28 20:55:31 EDT 2014

If someone is creating symlinks for code intended to be placed in a shared directory with a Windows O/S, shame on them? Does this happen in software you maintain or is this hypothetical?

I am not sure why this is shame on them. MS uses Symilnks all the time in Window. As far as Intel if you install the compiler Symlinks are used on the system. You will see a set of links made that point to the latest install of the compiler. Given any modern Windows system uses NTFS and NTFS has native support for symlinks, not using them would just would be making life harder on Windows when there is no reason for it.

I agree that we have to be careful about forcing the use of symlinks, as this can be a negative.

Jason