[Scons-dev] New symlink copy support

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 20:02:12 EDT 2014

I think it is reasonable for SCons to support symlinks on systems that
support symlinks.

I develop primarily on UNIX-based systems and I don't use symlinks often
with SCons because SCons didn't support symlink copy.  Example: versioned
shared libraries.  For me to do libA.so, libA.so.1, and libA.so.1.0.0, I
actually had to make 3 copies of the same file before which isn't practical
(or acceptable behavior really).

If we have a lot of complaints, then we could can the default.  I don't see
this happening.  I think there are fair more people that want this behavior
which didn't exist, than those who will be opposed to it.

V/R,
William