[Scons-dev] Slight confusion about the current Python floor version...

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Jul 17 15:06:15 EDT 2014

Hi there,

a bug report about the allegedly broken Split() method, my comments and
the submitted patch to reach backward compatibility for Python 2.6 have
caused some confusion.

So, I'd like to ask again: What is our current Python floor version for
development ("default" branch)? My understanding was that we had agreed
on already allowing "Python 2.7 only" changes some time ago. But SCons
2.3.2 and the website claim that we're still compatible with 2.4 and up.

We either have to agree on supporting 2.6+2.7 for the current release
2.3.2, or the webpage has to get amended. And for the upcoming release
we have to properly announce and make the clear cut to "2.7 only".