[Scons-dev] HG questions

Mark A. Flacy mflacy at verizon.net
Sun Jul 13 19:16:17 EDT 2014

On Sunday, July 13, 2014 06:50:51 PM William Blevins wrote:
> What is the convention for working on multiple discrete items?
>
> The DevelWiki says that I need permission to make branches, but without
> them I don't understand how I can make disjoint pull requests.
>
> V/R,
> William

Normally, you want to use a bookmark.

http://www.scons.org/wiki/SconsMercurialWorkflows#Working_on_several_.22branches.22_at_once

Mercurial branches (i.e., something created by "hg branch <name>") are really,
really weird.  That command (essentially) tags a group of changesets (not even
related changesets) with a global attribute.

--
Mark A. Flacy