[Scons-dev] Getting started with the SCons code base~

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 17:43:50 EDT 2014

Back to 2395:

My python expertise isn't 5 star, and I'm confused on how to propagate a
"symlinks" argument down.

What I imagine my SConscript should do: env.InstallAs( a, b, symlinks=False
)

Where the scons copy command exists: SCons.Tools.install.copyFunc

There are so many wrapper layers I feel like I'm spinning in circles.  I
was able to follow it up until "src/engine/SCons/Action.py:1065" and then I
get an argument count mismatch for installFunc.  I'm worried about changing
the Action.execute interface, so I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any thoughts?