[Scons-dev] Getting started with the SCons code base~

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 12:03:17 EDT 2014

I'm trying to add a patch for a new test that I wrote a while back, and
attached to an issue, but I didn't have a bitbucket account...

Now I am am coming back to it but I am having issues with "runtest.py".

If I want to call my single test, the "runtest.py -h" implies I should use
"runtest.py --file test/Java/DerivedSourceTest.py" but that shoves me into
a python session.  What is this supposed to do?

When I run "runtest.py test/Java/DerivedSourceTest.py" it gives me the
expected behavior but the test fails oddly. It gives a zero length field
name value error for "/tmp/testcmd.12260.iuH940/SConstruct" which I assume
should get created by "test.write( ['SConstruct'], 'blah blah' )" but the
directory in tmp doesn't even exist.  I know this test worked before...

Any thoughts?
William