[Scons-dev] OP me, plz.

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 05:09:47 EDT 2014

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 05.07.2014 09:20, anatoly techtonik wrote:
>>
>> Because nobody from developers objected, I already sent request to
>> botbot.me, even though I didn't tick the [ ] op mark. Another reason
>> for me to pushing on op is to increase the bus factor on the channel.
>
> I understand your intentions behind this request, and value all your efforts
> to drive this item forward. But I, personally, don't like the way you're
> "hammering" this through.

My "vacation" will end soon, and I am just trying to complete as much things
as possible.

> As Bill hinted at, this is a somewhat sensitive topic because recording of
> what other people say and write actually touches part of their private
> sphere.

That's why Freenode requires that if logging is enabled, it should be present
in channel topic - https://freenode.net/channel_guidelines.shtml
And that's why smb. needs to be an op to set this rule.

> So it would be a good idea to ask the developer community *and* give
> it some time to answer first, before leaping ahead and "just doing it".
> You probably missed the point with the "private sphere" a little, which is
> okay because it can happen to anyone of us. But this also makes clear how
> important it is to ask and get other people's opinions first, instead of
> saying "I'll do this now. Stop me if you can.".

Well, there were two weeks. What communication period should we agree
with?

> In the first case you're a valid part of the community, in the latter you're
> doing things alone.

To be part of community is not a goal, but a burden. =)