[Scons-dev] please try latest default branch

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 19:13:15 EST 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 2:08 AM, Gary Oberbrunner <garyo at oberbrunner.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 5:31 PM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

>> On 09.01.2014 21:16, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:

>>> I created a pull request, switching off the memory savings for the

>>> Interactive mode completely. Just to be extra careful...

>>> With this, we should get rid of the observed problems.

>> I'm not using interactive mode. This is just regular repeated builds.

>> Oh, I see. Do you have something like a series of steps for reproducing

>> the error(s)?

> No, sorry; it happens on my day-job project which is huge and proprietary.

> I did spend some time on it today but scons just says it's rebuilding for an

> unknown reason. I suspect (?) it might have something to do with a dir as a

> source.

Good opportunity to inject some debugging logic. I always wanted three things
in SCons internals:

1. get list of SCons processing phases and scheduled action plan
2. get notifications when SCons switches from one phase to another
3. ability to inject more debugging code for deeper digging

--
anatoly t.