[Scons-dev] SCons doesn't bootstrap without libxml2

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 02:24:46 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 19.02.2014 18:07, Bill Deegan wrote:

>> Might I suggest we stop discussing it and just propose pull requests.

>> If you have a specific change in mind, then make it and send a pull

>> request.

> Yup, I'm all for it. @Anatoly: the commits that introduced the new doc

> toolchain are "8ca01af:0c9c8af" (pull request #77, 2013-05-04).

I am actually thinking about stripping Docbook toolchain altogether
(better sooner than later), and move its maintenance into separate repo,
because its addition tripled repository size for all subsequent versions.

https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=17oZw7PWFFDtmYpnj4JSJDSMZfrZM5z8hkfLpa8w

I also find it a disadvantage that irrelevant lines from Docbook sources
mess with grep results.

This will desync all current pull requests, but will save a few minutes
of developer time for every clone (change) that people make. Of course,
ideally it will be good to merge these PR if not only me thinks that such
cleanup is needed.
--
anatoly t.