[Scons-dev] SCons doesn't bootstrap without libxml2

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Feb 19 03:25:57 EST 2014

On Tue, 2014-02-18 at 21:50 +0100, Dirk Bächle wrote:

> On 18.02.2014 21:19, anatoly techtonik wrote:

> > [...]

> > Ok. I'll put it the other way. Between automating the job of release manager,

> > which is done once in few months and automating the job of developer, which

> > is more than once in a while, you choose the former. Why?

> Because my workflow seems to differ from yours. Do you use

> "bootstrap.py" to call a development version of SCons, or how do you do it?

I use bootstrap.py as my day-to-day production tool, I never actually
install SCons from a clone of the repository. I only ever use package
management to install from Debian or Fedora repository packages.

Debian currently package SCons 2.3.0, I can't get to Fedora 20 at the
time of writing, but the Fedora project package site says 2.3.0.

Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk
London SW11 1EN, UK w: www.russel.org.uk skype: russel_winder