[Scons-dev] SCons doesn't bootstrap without libxml2

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Feb 18 18:08:03 EST 2014

On 19.02.2014 00:00, anatoly techtonik wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:50 PM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

>> On 18.02.2014 21:19, anatoly techtonik wrote:

>>> [...]

>>> Ok. I'll put it the other way. Between automating the job of release

>>> manager,

>>> which is done once in few months and automating the job of developer,

>>> which

>>> is more than once in a while, you choose the former. Why?

>> Because my workflow seems to differ from yours. Do you use "bootstrap.py"

>> to call a development version of SCons, or how do you do it?

> I use bootstrap.py for a quick test that development version is not completely

> broken.

Okay, and when you have a simple SConstruct in a folder like
"/tmp/sconstest", change into this folder via "cd /tmp/sconstest" and
then call

python /full/path/to/scons/repo/bootstrap.py

, does that work in 2.3.0 without having libxml2/lxml installed or do
you see an error?