[Scons-dev] [GSoC Mentors Announce] Re: Now Accepting Applications for Mentoring Organizations for GSoC 2014

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Feb 15 02:40:44 EST 2014

On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 16:20 -0500, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:

> Thanks to Manuel Naranjo, our application is now in. Please go to

> http://www.scons.org/wiki/GSoC2014Ideas (which is just a clone of the 2013

> ideas page so far) and add/edit/cleanup.

I had a quick look at the 2 → 3 one and started making changes, but
cancelled when I realized the final goal seems to be to create a pre
2to3 script so that the combination of the two create a SCons codebase
transform.

I don't agree with this, I think we should be looking to create a single
codebase that runs with Python 2 or Python 3.

Once I realized this I backed out of my changes to leave things as they
were.

Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk
London SW11 1EN, UK w: www.russel.org.uk skype: russel_winder