[Scons-dev] What to replace the wiki with?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Dec 13 12:21:16 EST 2014

On 13.12.2014 18:00, alexandre.feblot at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> Just a side remark, as a former user of that wiki:
> The issue is that most of it is outdated: refers to obsolete methods, uses Python methods whereas there is now a SCons method, etc...
> And even when it's not, readers don't trust fully what they see, because, well, how can they know if this is still up to date or not?
> And this is caused by the very use of a wiki to hold/update the data.
>
> Whereas if all of this could be integrated in the **official** doc, and as such, be maintained/updated to follow SCons evolution, it would bring much more value to it.
Maintained and updated by *whom*? Do you volunteer? ;)

The intention of our Wiki is not to provide "official" documentation,
but to collect additional material (sources/docs)...that might once get
integrated into the core. But it's mainly there for the community (all
users), and it's in the state the community left it in. At least that's
the way I see it.