[Scons-dev] Updates to http://scons.org/guidelines.php

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 03:14:27 EST 2014

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 5:08 AM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> A user asked if the python 2.4 requirement on this page:
> http://scons.org/guidelines.php
>
> was correct.
>
> Looks like the page needs a bunch of cleanup and updating.
>
> Didn't we remove QMtest from the test system a while back?
>
> Thoughts?

Need anchor on SCons version (bare date is not enough).

"will" sounds strange. Looks like SCons is not already there.

The line about distutils is not clear - why it is here?

"SCons will be tested on Linux and Windows XP". XP?
ReactOS or Vista is a more up to date choice.

"to a separately-defined set of conventions" - needs to be a
link to conventions.

"source code control system(s)" - doesn't look like guideline,
more like historical note. Guideline should mention

"QMTest" - it is not phased out completely until QMTest/
exists. The plan is to move test harness into
/testing/framework after revising. Stalled, because I can't find
time to add configuration file (or API) to choose command to
run and filter files to new dirbased test framework.

"Development philosophy" - too verbose. Leave only the goal
and the way we do this (tests and obligatory review process).

Run out of time for now.. Maybe I'll revisit the page later.

--
anatoly t.