[Scons-dev] catching up

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Aug 24 18:52:37 EDT 2014

Hi there,

On 24.08.2014 21:02, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Gary Oberbrunner <garyo at oberbrunner.com> wrote:
>
>>> [...]
>>>

>>> Then I'd like to revisit Mercurial workflow, because we need to clarify how to
>>> rebase pull requests.
I would really like to understand why we need a "rebase" for pull
requests in the first place.

> I see these two features - stubprocess.py and __slots__  as branches
> (ideally all feature should be optional, so that you can turn off them, for
> example for porting code to Lua).
Lua, what? Where does that suddenly come from? I don't see any porting
activities to other languages on the roadmap, and I don't remember any
discussions about it either. So why should we give our current
development a direction based on imaginary features?