[Scons-dev] Python slots value (Was: catching up)

Kenny, Jason L jason.l.kenny at intel.com
Tue Aug 19 10:54:29 EDT 2014

The problem for me is that we have been looking at this in our builds, but I cannot share much. We have made prototype tools to collect this information to show within our products. We have seen a number of issues in different area ( caching for example is a big one. Parts and SCons both "over" cache for speed, as such waste lots of memory and we may not be getting a real speed gain for it.) I know given a drop of SCons with the Slots I should be able to publish some results on what we saw. The issues is that I cannot give out our build to our products for open testing comparisons.

I think we will want some case of an open source build that is large and "real" in that it has build dependency patterns that are real, vs something we might try to make up. I know the builds I have are large and real, but I cannot share them. I can share metrics at most. I sure there has to be something...

Jason