[Scons-dev] catching up

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sun Aug 17 22:11:56 EDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 5:36 PM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 17.08.2014 20:54, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:
>
>> There's probably not much point in my trying to respond to many of the
>> threads that have been running here in the last couple of weeks; if there
>> are things that should be addressed please bring them up.
>>
>> As for dev priorities, I think we have two big important projects (not
>> counting releasing 2.3.3 which I guess we should do after some further
>> testing?): Python 3 port, and Toolchain.
>>

>  [...]
>>

>> (I know there are lots of other things going on -- I didn't intend the
>> above to be exhaustive.)
>>
>>  Making this a little more complete:
>
> - patch/bug release 2.3.3? (fix for D tools)
> - Node class patch (switch to __slots__)
> - Integration of stubprocess.py
> - release 2.4?
> - then, Python3 and Toolchain?

Quite right.  As for 2.3.3, I just ran the tests on my Windows machine
(since that's where the D-related regressions happened), and I do still see
some failures, though I'm not sure if any are new since 2.3.2; a few of
them look worth taking a look at, and some should be simple to fix or skip
on Windows (e.g. no m4 by default on Windows anymore and no Copy-Symlinks
on windows yet). Not sure what's up with the CCVERSION failure.  (I also
found the SWIG tests don't run properly on Windows, even if you install
SWIG, but that's another story.)