[Scons-dev] Duplicate issue policy

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 11:09:27 EDT 2014

> Knowing that you have only 15 minutes, you'd start to think differently.
> First,
> you'd try grepping on "class Copy" and "def Copy", then trying to choose
> another
> entrypoint, like knowing that it is somehow injected into Environment,
> start with API docs for Environment.

It would be nice if your argument didn't start with, you are idiot, but I
understand your point.

 At the very end of your 15 minutes you start to think
> "what can I do know so that the next person who approaches this issue would
> not have to start from scratch and get to the same position as I am?"

Yeah, documentation is good.  Maybe intuitive design is a bigger concern.
 Perhaps we should consider naming files in a more self-documenting type of
way.  Cross module dependencies, especially circular ones, make it harder.

-William