[Scons-dev] Error in documentation

Mark A. Flacy mflacy at verizon.net
Fri Aug 8 11:05:05 EDT 2014

Greetings,

While answering a question on the users list, I referenced
http://www.scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-user.html#idp24303632

I went back and read it more closely and noticed that the output in the final
examples don't match the output when I run it.  The example has "failed" while
the code really generates "no".

The documentation has...

% scons
scons: Reading SConscript file ...
Checking for MyLibrary... failed
MyLibrary is not installed!

...while my output is...

$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking for MyLibrary...no
MyLibrary is not installed!

The case showing the output when the library *is* there is also wrong...

% scons
scons: Reading SConscript file ...
Checking for MyLibrary... failed
scons: done reading SConscript
scons: Building targets ...
    .
    .
    .

...in that the return value for the check should be "yes" instead of "failed".

I've attached a bundle with the changes that can be integrated by the unbundle
or pull commands.  See http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/LookingIntoBundles on
how to examine the contents.  I just cloned the repo this morning, so I
shouldn't have any changesets that you don't.

--
Mark A. Flacy