[Scons-dev] Jar builds fail with SConscript variant directory

William Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Wed Apr 30 19:28:21 EDT 2014

Bill,

Please send such queries to the users mailing list.
The dev mailing list is intended for discussing the internal development of SCons.
I’m cc’ing that list now.

More inline below

On April 30, 2014 at 4:01:12 PM, William Roberts (bill.c.roberts at gmail.com) wrote:

> I typically set up my builds with a hierachical layout and a variant

> directory and do some other things to make it all work together.

> Normally I program in C, and this all works.

> Recently, I tried using java and broke. I have a very simple example

> that doesnt work. If I change the SConscript calls to use a variant

> dir, its broken, if I dont it works...

> Sconstruct:

> SConscript(script)

> #SConscript(script, variant_dir=outdir, duplicate=1)

> #SConscript(script)

> SConscript(script, variant_dir=outdir, duplicate=1)

> it breaks...

> Can someone explain what's going on here? Thanks.

Hard to say exactly without seeing your SConscript.
Java support in SCons is significantly less complete than support for C/C++ and you may be running into one of those issues.