[Scons-dev] SCons and octal constants

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Apr 28 01:48:52 EDT 2014

Since the floor version of SCons is now Python 2.7, we should dispense
with the horror that is 1970s C-style octal constants and use the 0o
form (*). This applies to the default/default branch just as much to the
default/python3-port branch (where it is needed for SCons to run at all
on Python 3).

If making this change is agreed then I guess there needs to be a single
changeset alteration proposed to both branches. I am assuming we do this
on one branch and then cherry-pick into the other. This would imply
doing it for the default/default branch and then cherry-picking into
default/python3-port.

Thanks.

(*) The 0o form works in Python 2.6 as well.
Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk
London SW11 1EN, UK w: www.russel.org.uk skype: russel_winder