[Scons-dev] Subprocess issue on Linux?

Kenny, Jason L jason.l.kenny at intel.com
Wed Apr 23 09:16:12 EDT 2014

> Is there any downside to using it? (Does it work on py3?)

I have not tried myself, as SCons does not run under py3 yet. Sure I might have Part issues with running under py3 as well. However I don't think there are any known issues with running the patch under py3 as of yet.

As far as issues with streaming. I have not seen any locally, given Parts is very sensitive to streaming issues ( as we log and colorize the output data from every task) I feel pretty good about this fix.

There might be some issue that exists, but honestly subprocess has always had small issues. Given we are using it in our suite builds, and honestly these builds are huge and very complex ( so happy Scons and Parts make this easy to manage :-) ) and we are having no issues. None of the other team using this code at Intel I know of are happy as well. Given this I feel confident there is low probably anyone will have any problem at all.

Jason