[Scons-dev] howto debug configure

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 13:47:37 EDT 2013

I have a lot working, but not configure. I don't know how to debug it.

even with --debug=stacktrace, the stack trace is not useful. I don't have
any idea where this error is coming from:

file <string>,line 92:
Configure(confdir = .sconf_temp)
scons: Configure: Checking for C header file unuran.h...
.sconf_temp/conftest_0.c <-

|#include "unuran.h"

scons: Configure: Caught exception while building ".sconf_temp/conftest_0.c":

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/nbecker/scons-replaced-by-scons-
p3/bootstrap/src/engine/SCons/Job.py", line 201, in start
task.execute()
File "/home/nbecker/scons-replaced-by-scons-
p3/bootstrap/src/engine/SCons/SConf.py", line 352, in execute
raise e
TypeError: unicode argument expected, got 'str'