[Scons-dev] some python3 progress

Kenny, Jason L jason.l.kenny at intel.com
Thu Sep 5 10:19:33 EDT 2013

Have you tried --debug=stacktrace?

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: scons-dev-bounces at scons.org [mailto:scons-dev-bounces at scons.org] On Behalf Of Neal Becker
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 9:18 AM
To: scons-dev at scons.org
Subject: [Scons-dev] some python3 progress

I setup a fork
https://bitbucket.org/nbecker/scons-replaced-by-scons-p3

See how far I can get making this run on python 3.3 (not trying for compat with
2.7)

I get as far as:

scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
scons: *** [pn.cpython-33m.os] TypeError : Unicode-objects must be encoded before hashing

This, I think, is good progress. But this error is hard to track down. Any clues? Using --debug=pdb isn't helpful, I guess I need to somehow catch the error before entering pdb or else I'm just at the pdb top level when the error is caught.